The Mediterranean diet is proven to be one of the healthiest in the world and Mediterraneo's mission is to offer a range of excellent tasting food products that can be savoured and used every day in the Kiwi kitchen. Mediterraneo sources their products from Italy, France, Greece and Australia and are committed to quality food, free from artificial additives, colours and preservatives and of course it must be delicious!
With the following products in the pantry, every Kiwi can enjoy a taste of the Mediterranean every single day.
Gaea Olive Oils, Olives and Spreads
Grown naturally in the fertile earth of Greece, sun ripened and traditionally harvested, the award-winning Gaea range of products offers rich flavours and traditional ingredients essential to creating the finest Mediterranean cuisine. All Gaea products are free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Extra virgin olive oil is the highest quality olive oil and some of the best comes from Greece.
- Gaea Kalamata D.O.P. Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 500ml – An award-winning cold extracted D.O.P. extra virgin olive oil from Kalamata in South Peloponnese, Greece. It has a perfectly balanced and harmonious fresh-green flavour and peppery aftertaste.
- Gaea Organic Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 500ml – A superb cold extracted organic extra virgin olive oil with a balanced, fruity, fresh flavour. Handpicked olives from selected Greek villages go into this wonderful drop.
From the fertile soil of Greece comes the Gaea range of olives handpicked from organically cultivated trees.
- Gaea Organic Mixed Marinated Olives, 300g – Green, black and Kalamata varieties packed in natural sea salt, wine vinegar and lemon juice brine.
- Gaea Organic Kalamata Olives, 300g – Plump, fleshy Kalamata olives from Greece.
- Gaea Organic Green Olives Stuffed with Real Pimento, 295g – Gigantic sized green Halkidiki olives, hand stuffed with natural red pimento and served in a natural brine.
Olive Snack Packs
For a healthy and nutritious snack on the go, choose Gaea’s delicious olive snack packs.
- Gaea Kalamata Olive Snack Pack, 65g – Pitted, sun-ripened Kalamata olives, marinated in extra virgin olive oil, reduced sea salt and vinegar.
- Gaea Green Olive Snack Pack with Chilli & Black Pepper, 65g – Pitted Halkidiki olives marinated in extra virgin olive oil and flavoured with chilli and black pepper.
- Gaea Green Olive Snack Pack with Lemon & Oregano, 65g – Pitted Halkidiki olives marinated in extra virgin olive oil, oregano, garlic, coriander and lemon peel.
Add extra flavour to sandwiches, bruschetta and pizza with Gaea’s tasty spreads. Delicately balanced and featuring premium ingredients, each deserves to be the star attraction.
- Gaea Sweet Pepper & Goat's Cheese Spread, 100g
- Gaea Sundried Tomatoes Spread, 100g
- Gaea Kalamata Olive Spread, 100g
- Gaea Green Olive Spread, 100g
- Gaea Smoked Aubergine Spread, 100g
Made from the finest natural ingredients to traditional French l’Aveyron recipes, Quatrefages pâtés are free from flavourings, colourants and preservatives. Simply serve chilled with crusty French bread and a glass of good red wine.
- Pâté de Canard (Duck Pâté), 130g
- Pâté de Faisan (Pheasant Pâté), 130g
- Pâté de Caille (Quail Pâté), 130g
- Pâté de Sanglier (Wild Boar Pâté), 130g
- Pâté de Chevreuil (Venison Pâté), 130g
- Terrine D'Oie (Goose Pâté), 130g
Acetum Vinegars, Balsamic Vinegars and Balsamic Glazes
For more than a century, Acetum has been producing fine balsamic and wine vinegars in Cavezzo, Modena, the home of balsamic vinegar. Employing a blend of tradition and innovation and all-natural production methods, each product deserves pride of place in every kitchen. Each has its own distinct application either being added to salad dressings and marinades, used as a finishing glaze or enjoyed simply with a good cheese. The gourmet flavours and impressive credentials make Acetum’s vinegars, balsamic vinegars and balsamic glazes a must on any foodie’s shopping list.
- White Condiment Spray, 250ml
- Balsamic Vinegar of Modena Spray, 250ml
- Sherry Wine Vinegar, 250ml
- White Wine Vinegar, 500ml
- Red Wine Vinegar, 500ml
- Organic Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, 250ml
- ‘Laura’ Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, 250ml
- ‘Fiaschetta’ Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, 250ml
- Organic Natural Balsamic Glaze, 150ml
- Classic Balsamic Glaze, 215ml and 800ml
- Fig Balsamic Glaze, 215ml
- Strawberry Balsamic Glaze, 215ml
- Red Apple Balsamic Glaze, 215ml
Marco Zanier Risotto
Marco Zanier risottos use high quality Italian short-grained rice which is known for its rapid cooking time, good yield and good absorption of flavours. Each product is a complete meal in itself and uses only premium natural ingredients. Simply add extra virgin olive oil, water, white wine and seasoning to taste and sprinkle over a little grated parmesan for an authentic Italian risotto.
- Risotto with Truffle, 250g
- Risotto with Spring Vegetables, 250g
- Risotto with Saffron & Mushrooms, 250g
Marco Zanier Artisan Pasta
The finest quality high protein durum wheat semolina is transformed into pasta dough that is extruded through a traditional bronze press. This helps to give the pasta a lighter colour and coarse texture to hold onto the sauce and flavours. Drying is done at a low temperature over a long period to preserve the flavour and quality of the pasta. Marco Zanier pasta is created to look as beautiful as it is delicious to eat. Natural dyes are derived from turmeric, squid ink, paprika, spinach and beetroot and flavours include lemon, saffron, squid ink and porcini mushrooms.
With an exciting selection of flavours, shapes and colours, this delicious pasta can be enjoyed with an endless array of creamy or tomato sauces or simply used with extra virgin olive oil, fresh basil and grated pecorino. Bring to life any pasta dish with Marco Zanier’s artisan pasta.
- Lemon Tagliolini, 250g
- Saffron Tagliolini, 250g
- Squid Ink Tagliolini, 250g
- Mushroom Tagliolini, 250g
- Egg Pappardelle, 250g
Coloured Pasta Shapes
- Strozzapreti 6 Colour, 250g
- Starbursts 6 Colour, 250g
- Stelle 6 Colour, 250g
- Abetini 6 Colour, 250g
- Monumenti 6 Colour, 250g
- Grappolo D'Uva 6 Colour, 250g
- Fantasy 6 Colour, 250g and 500g
- Farfalline MultiColour, 250g
- Farfalline Black & White, 250g
- Reginelle MultiColour, 250g
- Conchiglioni 6 Colour, 500g
- Gigli 6 Colour, 500g
Charmaine Solomon Curry Pastes, Spice Blends & Marinades
Sri Lankan-born Charmaine Solomon is a renowned Australian cook, food writer and author of 31 cookbooks. Thanks to her curry pastes, spice blends and marinades, home cooks can recreate popular dishes with the exotic and authentic flavours of the East with a minimum of time and fuss. Every jar is full of market fresh ingredients and fragrant ground spices. They contain no artificial colours, preservatives or flavours, no trans-fats, MSG or added gluten.
- Korma Curry Paste, 250g – A mild combination of ground almonds, exotic spices and saffron.
- Rendang Curry Paste, 250g – Indonesian/Malay curry, best with chicken or beef.
- Singapore Laksa Paste, 250g – Fiery hot paste to create the world-famous soup.
- Thai Green Curry Paste, 250g – Lively flavours of fresh Thai herbs and other Asian ingredients go into this medium heat paste with a touch of sweetness.
- Jungle Curry Paste, 250g – Perhaps the most aromatic Thai curry, it features herbs, spices and fragrant rhizomes. Medium heat.
- Thai Masaman Curry Paste, 250g – Lemongrass and fragrant spices with medium heat.
- Thai Red Curry Paste, 250g – Galangal, lemongrass, coriander root, kaffir lime and tamarind for an authentic Thai red curry.
- Moroccan Spice Blend, 250g – Subtly fragrant and mild in heat. Vegetarian friendly.
- Harissa Spice Blend, 260g – Fiery, flavoursome and brimming with the taste of Morocco and Tunisia.
- Butter Chicken Marinade, 250g – Aromatic spices are combined with saffron to create this mild North Indian specialty.
- Tandoori Tikka Marinade, 250g – Spicy but not too hot, this blend features ginger, garlic and Indian spices.
Choose Mediterraneo for premium quality Mediterranean foods sourced from Italy, France, Greece and Australia. Ideal for delicatessens, gourmet markets, department stores and supermarkets. Mediterraneo’s range is one you can count on for quality, consistency and excellent results.
For more information or to place an order, contact Mediterraneo today.
Interviews and Product Guides
Mediterraneo is a brand offering quality foods including olive products, antipasto spreads, pâtés, vinegars and so much more. The emphasis is on maximum flavour and premium quality. We spoke with owners Paul and Amelia Rogers to learn about their range. Click here to read the full article